Monday, January 17, 2011

Three Months...

Wow!  It's been three months since Will was born.  The time really has flown by.  I'd be lying if I said there haven't been some long days and nights, but for the most part it's been an amazing three months filled with a boat load of snuggling, swaddling, smooching, snoozing and smiles.

Mark and I are two very lucky parents - Will has been the definition of easy.  Yes, he cries, but we can almost always figure out how to get him to stop (minus the car ride home from Rehoboth Beach...that was a nightmare).  He's a good eater, loves bath time, stayed healthy thru the holidays even with a plane ride thrown in, naps anywhere and can babble with the best of 'em.  We know we've been blessed and are slowly coming to terms with the fact that there is no possible way baby #2 will be as mellow as baby #1.  Better start praying now.

So to commemorate Will's three month milestone I've decided to start a blog.   For two reasons really:  1) To make my mom happy.  She's been telling me to start one since before Will was born.  She's ever sent me examples of her friend's blogs so I know what mine should look like (must include millions of pictures of the baby and detailed descriptions of his every move). No, but in all seriousness I do think blogs are a great way to keep people up to date on what's happening in your life, especially when your family in spread far and wide (WI, MN, CA, GA, KY, UK, WA, AL to name a few). And 2) so I have a record or diary of sorts of all the crazy things that happen in our life.  The past year is a prime example of the craziness - one year ago we found out we were going to move to DC for Mark's new job and then the fury started - - - start looking for a house to buy, find out you are pregnant (what!?), buy house, move into new house, be pregnant during record breaking hot summer, Mark quits job, starts another new job, have baby, get used to having a baby, arrive at today.  I have a hard time remembering all the big things that happened last year, let alone the small ones.

I'm admittedly not very clever nor do I consider myself a good writer, but I promise I will post some cute pictures of our precious baby boy.  Hopefully this blog will make our friends and family near and far smile when they stop by to see if the mama who is Raising Riebesehls (only Sir William for now) is still alive and well.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. thank you for this attempt! I am so happy to have a spot to see William when I can't be with him every day. LOVE LOVE LOVE
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Becky!!! Will love to keep up with your precious family this way. It was sooooo good to see you over Christmas and hopefully it won't be too long before Rache and I can visit.
    Love to you all on this snowy day in Wisconsin :)
    Deb

    ReplyDelete