Here are a few of his firsts over the past two months just to give you an idea!
- Will had his first run in with natural disasters - a earthquake and hurricane all in one week. We survived and so did our house!
- I bought him his first pair of shoes! Real shoes - size 3.5 wide - cause he insists on "walking" everywhere, especially in public and I don't want his feet to be cold or dirty. Real shoes for a little man are expensive!
- Will had his first day of "school" - he started a Mommy's Day Out program at a local church preschool this Fall. It's one day a week for a couple hours. Good for Will (interaction with other kids, getting used to someone else caring for him, etc) and Great for Mommy (no explanation needed here people!)
- We had our first visit to the ER because of a 105 degree temp on our first night of vacation resulting in our first diagnosis of a double ear infection. :( Not fun but thankfully the first round of antibiotics did the trick!
- Will took his first steps when I was in Wisconsin last week right in front of my mom and I. It was so exciting! And he is continuing to be more and more daring and independent with the walking. He is cruising like crazy, bending down to pick stuff up and letting go! of my hands to venture further. It won't be long.
- Will has officially said his first word. He has been repeating and imitating the way we say book, daddy, cracker and baby (to name a few) but made it official this weekend when we were driving on the highway and he pointed at a semi and proudly said "TRUCK". I beamed with pride!
- We attempted our first round of baby proofing at the house, I packed a lunch for Will to take to school for the first time, witnessed Will's first mini tantrum in public (can you say arched back - stiff as a board - on the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach - because his smoothie was gone!?!) and ordered his first real kids meal when we were out to dinner recently.
Next up...Will's 1st Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment