Tuesday, May 3, 2011

6 Months Old

Time seems to be flying by.  I can't believe it's already May and am hoping that we get a few more weeks of Spring like weather (ie: 70 degrees) before DC's infamous hot and humid summer weather hits (which I was scarred by last year when pregnant).  We've been doing some major work in the yard which has been fun - the weeds are gone and mulch is down - now all we need to do is buy some flowers to plant and then I'll post some pictures.  Will had a great six month visit to the doctor.  He continues to like food (pears, sweet potatoes, bananas but not peas!) and is such a curious little guy.  He grabs at whatever you put in front of him (including my hair and earrings) and puts it right in his mouth.  His bottom gums are like razors so I swear his teeth are about to come through.  Will is just getting over his first illness which may have been the result of a reaction to the DTAP vaccination or a virus he caught.  The doctors aren't sure but I'm sure that I haven't had a good nights sleep in five days and am grateful that my sweet boy isn't always fussy, restless and thrashing from a 103 temp and spotty red rash.  Hoping that is behind us.

The past few weekends have included a wonderful celebration for cousin Liam's 1st Birthday, Easter dinner with the Strianos, golfing and a view of the waterfront in Annapolis with the Bookers and a visit to Atlanta for Mark that included work meetings and time with Uncle Nate.  

Now we are off to Orlando to celebrate my first Mother's Day.  We are meeting my mom and dad there along with cousin's Leslie and Sam (and maybe a surprise visit from my brother Drew).  I'm excited for some uninterrupted pool time (thanks in advance, Mom and Dad, for watching Will) and to see Will's face when he meets Mickey Mouse for the first time (yes, I know he won't remember meeting Mickey, but I will).


6 Months and learning to drink from a cup

He loves sweet potatoes

Like father, like son


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to introduce Will to my good friend Donald Duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a photogenic little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete